Only around the corner from the Egerton Inn, the Egerton Arms on Chester Road was one of the first pubs in Hulme, listed in 1808 . Shown above in 1952, it was on the corner of Chester Road and Hargreaves Street, which today is the blocked off Angela Street. The grassy knoll marks the spot of the old Egerton Arms which closed in 1968 as a former Manchester Brewery, Walker & Homfrays and latterly Wilsons house .
Former location of Egerton Arms, Chester Road. (c) googlemaps.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).