This narrow road off Chapel Street is for access to the Lowry Hotel complex but is now known as Dearmans Place, the official address of the Lowry. The googlemap shows it apparently turns into Brown Street, and in the distant past this was Browne Street. About halfway down Browne Street on the left towards the River Irwell was the Cross Keys .
Former location of the Cross Keys, Browne Street. (c) googlemaps.
1. Manchester City Centre (1849), Alan Godfrey Maps (2008).