Royal Oak, Oldham Road, Failsworth. (c) Rob Magee .
Not to be confused with the old Royal Oak further along Oldham Road in Newton Heath, this was the original Royal Oak of Failsworth. Shown above in 1890, the first Royal Oak dates back to about 1812 and stood on the corner of Oldham Road and Pole Lane. The pub had a brewhouse, two hotel rooms and stabling. In 1929 Cornbrook Brewery bought the Royal Oak and rebuilt it on the same site as the gabled pub which still serves today.
Royal Oak, Oldham Road. (c) Google 2015. View Larger Map.
1. Failsworth Pubs 1731-1995 and their licensees, Rob Magee (1995).