The old Farmers Arms still stands between Midway Street and Pennington Street on the west side of Stockport Road in Levenshulme. The Farmers is seen in 1959 as a Threlfalls house when Pennington Street was known as Pimlot Street, and later in 1970 when it had passed to Whitbread.
Farmers Arms, Stockport Road, 2006. (c) Gary Taylor at ManMates .
The Farmers Arms is a rather colourful sight these days even thought it's been closed for at least 7 years. Before closure it was briefly renamed the Farmers Kipper (thanks to Pub Curmudgeon for info). As seen above, since 2006 it has gained a new neighbour to the right and stands opposite the also closed old Midway boozer.
Former Farmers Arms, Stockport Road. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.