Oddfellows Arms, Kemp Street, Ancoats. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Oddfellows Arms stood on the corner of Richmond Street and Kemp (formerly Prussia) Street just off Oldham Road, opening as a public house in 1830. For a while it was known as the Independent Order of Oddfellows (1851) and Deakin's Vaults, named after the family that owned the Manchester Brewery Company in Ardwick who had the Oddfellows. The boozer passed to Walker & Homfray and then onto Wilsons, and is shown above in the 1950s and in 1962 at the archive. The Oddfellows lasted until the early 1970s when it was demolished for development of Ancoats and Miles Platting .
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).