Derby Arms, Oldfield Road, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Derby Arms beerhouse stood on the corner of West Union Street and Oldfield Road, first recorded in 1869 and bought by the nearby brewery, Threllfalls, in 1881. Pictured above in about 1930, the Derby Arms was a typical three-door corner boozer, advertising Threllfalls Blue Label Ales on its prominent signage until its closure in 1958 . The spot where the old Derby Arms used to stand is just beyond the sign on the left of the shot below - West Union Street is gone but Duncan Street still runs to the east off Oldfield Road.
Former location of Derby Arms, Oldfield Road. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).