Town Hall, Broad Street, Salford. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr .
Pendleton Town Hall used to stand on Broad Street before they moved to Broughton Road in the 1860s, so when the offices became vacant, the New Town Hall Hotel was established by James Higham in 1867. The beerhouse was shorted in name about five years later and by the end of the century the Town Hall had passed to Wilsons via Cardwell & Co of Hulme. Wilsons rebuilt the old house into a three-storey boozer which lasted until January 1971 and it was pulled down shortly after . The Town Hall stood roughly opposite Broughton Road where the roundabout is today.
Town Hall, Broad Street, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
2. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).