The Black Horse was one of the first alehouses in Chorlton-on-Medlock, opening in 1821 on Greek Street off Grosvenor Street. It became a Walker & Homfray and then Wilsons three-storey house before it closed in 1964 . Greek Street still exists today, a short dead-end, and the Black Horse stood a few doors down on the left, just where it ends.
Former location of Black Horse, Greek Street, Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) Google 2012. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).