Albert Inn, Reather Street, Collyhurst. (c) Bob Potts .
The Albert Inn stood at No.51 Reather Street, Collyhurst, opening in 1855 and closing due to a compulsory purchase order in 1963. It was firstly a Greatorex Brothers brewery (Moss Side) house, then Empress (Hulme) as pictured above in 1930, Walkers (Warrington) and finally Tetley's (Leeds) . Reather Street used to run off Rochdale Road towards Oldham Road and Miles Platting; a reminder of it still exists today in the shape of Reather Walk.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).