Prince of Wales, Lever Street, Hulme (background, left). (c) Hulme, CoM, All Saints, Ardwick Facebook.
Not to be confused with the Prince of Wales on the corner of Lever Street (Warwick Street) in town, this Hulme boozer was on the corner of Bold Street and Lever Street just off Upper Moss Lane. Shown in the background as the pale-coloured building in the above photo, The Prince of Wales was at No.17 and opened in 1848 . Cronshaw's Brewery had the beerhouse then it passed to Groves & Whitnall before it closed in 1965 .
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).