Cross Keys, Garden Street, Lower Broughton, 1974. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s .
Situated between Lower Broughton Road and the River Irwell, the Cross Keys opened in 1875 on the corner of Eliza Street and Garden Street. Threlfalls Brewery had the Cross Keys before it passed to Whitbread in the 1960s. It escaped demolition in the first Lower Broughton compulsory purchase scheme of 1967 but by the mid-'70s it had closed and been pulled down .
2. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).