Albert Hotel, Whit Lane, Salford, 1973. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr.
The Albert Hotel was a Joseph Holt's house on Whit Lane known locally as Tush's. It closed in 1973 (same year as the photo, above) under the compulsory purchase order and was demolished soon after. The first licensed house on this corner of Indigo Lane and Whit Lane was known as the Live & Let Live, a beerhouse which dates back to the 1860s. The name was changed to the Friendship Tavern, and when a full licence was gained the public house was renamed the Albert Hotel, claimed to be one of the largest in the area. The Albert Hotel became a Holt's house in 1909 with its huge advert for their beers, wines and spirits on the Indigo Street side .
2. The Old Pubs of Salford Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).