Pineapple Inn, Liverpool Road, Patricroft, Eccles. (c) Tony Flynn .
The Pineapple Inn was a tiny pub across the road from the Golden Cross, on Liverpool Road in Patricroft. It dates back to at least 1869 as a beerhouse when it was owned by William Kay's Britannia Brewery, who became Kay & Whittaker's Brewery in 1900. Wilson's of Newton Heath took over them in 1903, as seen above in 1906 when the Pineapple was adverting mild and bitter ales, plus stout and wines. All this in a pub which had one room measuring 13 by 10 feet, and one toilet which was shared by the tenant and all customers. The Pineapple closed over a century ago in 1910 and was turned into a grocer's shop, itself demolished in 1930 .
Former location of Pineapple Inn, Liverpool Road. (c) Google 2015. View Larger Map.
1. A History of the Pubs of Eccles, Tony Flynn (1980).