Star, Lissadel Street, Charlestown, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
Pictured above in the 1960s, the Star Inn was on the corner of Rockley Street and Lissadel Street in Charlestown. It opened at some point before 1855 and by 1903 it was owned by Chesters Brewery. The Star was a fully-licensed public house and lasted well over a century until 1965 . Lissadel Street still runs through this corner of Salford today; the spot where the Star Inn once stood is now a council house.
Former location of Star Inn, Lissadel Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.