Tramway Inn, Great Jackson Street, Hulme. (c) Bob Potts .
The Tramway Inn is pictured above at No.72 Great Jackson Street with licensee, James Patrick Rowan. It opened in 1849  on the corner of Leinster Street which was in between City Road and Bedford Street and was previously known as the Kings Arms (1858) and the Nottingham Castle (1861). The Tramway Inn closed as a Peter Walker & Sons of Warrington house in 1933 . Great Jackson Street still runs through the northern-most part of Hulme, but the stretch on which the Tramway Inn once stood is now Jackson Crescent, just south of the Mancunian Way.
Former location of Tramway Inn (left), Great Jackson Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme Manchester (1) 1770-1930, Bob Potts (1983).
2. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).