Corner House, Bradford Street, Ancoats. (c) Neil Richardson [1.
Where Woodward Street meets Chippenham Road today in Ancoats used to stand this distinctive Wilsons boozer, the Corner House. Like many pubs in the area, it fell victim to "improvements" in around 1958 when the street to the right was called Bradford Street (continuation of Bradford Road). In Neil Richardson's book, Mick Burke remembers the Corner House as a hawkers' pub as a lot of the locals were market traders .
Former location of Corner House, Bradford Street (Chippenham Road). (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).