Former Brewers Arms, Silk Street, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
This short-lived beerhouse opened in the 1850s but by 1870, tenant Richard Litherland had his beerseller's certificate refused. The Brewers Arms was forced to close and was converted to a pawnbrokers, pictured above on the corner of Ann Street and Silk Street in 1952 . Ann Street used to run from Silk Street up to Flax Street but only the former remains, with the old Druids' Home estate pub seen in the distance on the right (the Brewers Arms would have been on the immediate left here).
1. Salford Pubs Part One: The Old Town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).