Bulls Head, Woodward Street, Ancoats. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Bulls Head was a fully licensed public house on Woodward Street, just south of Butler street in the northern part of Ancoats. It opened in the early 1850s and, as a Walker & Homfrays house, closed after reaching its century in 1958 . This top stretch of Woodward Street is a sorry sight these days with all the old council houses condemned and boarded up in the 2008 shot, below (this is from the opposite angle to the 1950s photo, above).
Former location of Bulls Head, Woodward Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Ancoats, Neil Richardson (1987).