Tower, Broad Street, Salford, 1951. (c) Neil Richardson .
Originally the Hope Cottage Inn, this beerhouse opened in the 1860s opposite Pendleton Church on Broad Street about half a dozen doors along from the Horse & Jockey. By the 1890s it had been renamed the Tower Inn. Shortly after, Walkers & Homfray bought the Tower and this tiny boozer closed, after having passed to Wilsons, in 1971 .
Tower, Broad Street, Salford. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr .
1. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).