Jubilee, Whit Lane, Salford, 1973. (c) Salford Pubs of the 70s at flickr.
The Jubilee Inn started out as the Druids Harp in the 1860s, in a row of shops between Chapel Place and Chapel Street on Whit Lane. The name change was probably around the time of Queen Victoria's Jubilee and later the beerhouse passed to Groves & Whitnall. They leased it to JW Lees in the early 1900s and by the 1930 the Jubilee had been extended into the next door shop . The tiled and mock timber facade was added around this time and the Jubilee lasted until 1973 before it was pulled down as the area was almost completely redeveloped. The lower part of Whit Lane, where it used to meet Broughton road, is gone and the site of the old boozer is where Langley Road South meets Cromwell Road today.
2. Salford Pubs Part Three: Including Cross Lane, Broad Street, Hanky Park, the Height, Brindleheath, Charlestown and Weaste, Neil Richardson (2003).