Friendship, St Stephen Street, Adelphi, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson 
The Friendship Inn stood on the north-eastern corner of Rigby Street and St Stephen Street, off Chapel Street in the Adelphi area of old Salford. Originally a draper's shop, it was converted into a beerhouse in about 1858 and by the 1890s was under the control of Walkers Brewery. The Friendship, shown above in 1896, was the last beerhouse on St Stephen Street to close in about 1955, as it fell under the post-war clearance of the area . The old location of Rigby Street and the Friendship was as marked on the modern day map, south of where Nathan Drive meets St Stephen Street.
1. Salford Pubs Part One: The Old Town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).