This pub was rebuilt in 1938 but lasted only three more decades before it was closed in 1967. The Burlington was an Empress Brewery then Peter Walker & Sons pub on Union Street off Greenheys Lane, Boundary Lane and Burlington Street. These days the former site of the Burlington is this off licence and supermarket.
Former location of the Burlington, Union Street (Greenheys Lane). (c) Google 2012. View Larger Map.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).