Big Fiddle, William Street, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Big Fiddle beerhouse closed as under Walkers of Warrington in 1936 on the east side of William Street, just of Chapel Street in old Salford. Dating back to around 1852, the Big Fiddle became a Walkers house in the 1890s and lasted until 1936 when its closure was blamed on sales being down due to general pub trade conditions . William Street was lost under the Trinity Way ring road, but to give an idea of its location, it used to stand only a few dozen yards to the rear of the Kings Arms on Bloom Street.
1. Salford Pubs - Part One: The Old Town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).