Pictured in Neil Richardson's book in the 1920s, the Prince of Wales stood on Hope Road, just off Oldfield Road, opening in the 1840s. Walkers Brewery of Warrington owned the beerhouse in the twentieth century and it closed in 1930 . The old site of the beerhouse on Hope Street is in front of this industrial unit where the concrete fence is.
Former location of Prince of Wales, Hope Street. (c) Google 2013. View Larger Map.
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).