Brunswick, Ordsall Lane, Ordsall. (c) Paul Wilson with posthumous permission.
The Brunswick stood on the corner of Ordsall Lane and South Hall Street in Ordsall, and was first recorded in 1869. Groves & Whitnall took the Brunswick in the early 1900s and they expanded the beerhouse into the newsagent's next door whilst giving it the company green tiled facade.
Former Brunswick, Ordsall Lane. (c) Paul Wilson with posthumous permission.
The Brunswick became a Greenall Whitley house in the 1960s, but it closed for good in 1982 . The building at No.147 Ordsall Lane was used by the 'Lime Bank' hospital equipment business (the windows were strangely made smaller) until it was demolished to make way for a substantial block of flats.
Former location of Brunswick, Ordsall Lane. (c) Google 2014. View Larger Map.
1. Salford Pubs Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).