Milan Inn, Rochdale Road, Collyhurst. (c) Google 2015. View Larger Image.
The Milan, on the corner of Rochdale Road and Queens Road in Collyhurst, shut its doors for seemingly the last time in June 2015. It has been acquired by the same people who have bought the just-closed Swan, which had reopened sporadically for a few years.
The Milan was first licensed as a beerhouse in 1850 and had an original address of No.2 Crompton Lane. The name of the pub was probably due to the old row houses that used to stand next door, called Milan Terrace .
A full license was only obtained for The Milan in 1949 as Robinsons' house. The Stockport brewery owned the pub from 1929 until 2011 before its final few years as a freehouse. Before Robbies the Milan was owned by Kay's Atlas Brewery of Longsight . The Milan is shown at the archives in 1958, 1971, 1981, and 1984.